Hello all

I have a bit of a problem with some characters I'm loading from a Filemaker
Pro database. The single quotes are stored in MySQL as ASCII character 155
(an 'O' with a tilde over it). I have tried everything I can think of to
replace this with the PHP I use to query the db but I have failed miserably.
I have similar problems with all single quotes and double quotes.

I could probably process the text file before loading it into MySQL
(replacing the quotes with their HTML special characters) but I'm wondering
if there is anything more fundamental I should be doing.

Cheers and any assistance appreciated

kim