From: "Chris Faust" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 23:55
Subject: Getting remote connected machine as value in a select.

Hello,

I'm curious as to if something is possible - I don't know if its possible to
explain it right.

I have a table which contains a bunch machine specific information, file
paths, names etc.

What I would like to try and accomplish is when I query this table for the
information I need, I also receive back a value (that I can define) that is
determined by the identity of the machine making the query - either by IP
address or whatever.

For an example say I have 3 machines total.
1 mySQL DB Server
2 web servers

When I connect to mySQL from either of the 2 web servers and say something
like "Select * from table", one of the values returned would be something
like "web1" as that is what I defined to be the value for when machine
192.168.0.4 connected to it.
It doesn't have to be IP, I'm just using that for a example.

Any ideas on how to accomplish something like this?
mySql 4.0
RH 9

Thanks
-Chris