On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:08:30 -0400, Kelley Lingerfelt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>WHERE lookup RLIKE "this|that|other|^starts like this|ends like this$|it
>contains.*something.*like.*this"

I am not yet expert enough in  mySQL to even specify my question
accurately (so I will have another go)

In the following where_condtion  I can use functions such as
left(),right()
where left(t1.txtDevPostCode,5) in
(#QuotedValueList(qryRadius.postcode)#)

but unfortunately UK postcodes are variable length so i need a REGEXP

SO I really want something like

where REGEXP(t1.txtDevPostCode,"^[a-z]{1,2}[0-9]0,2}") in
(#QuotedValueList(qryRadius.postcode)#) ##NOT POSSIBLE##

You can see what complicates the above is using the in
QuotedValueList.

But what's REALLY unusual about this query is that I want to
manipulate the contents of a TABLE COLUMN (txtdevPostCODE) before
doing the comparison, I seem to need some kind of inner query.

can U help?

zzapper
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips