I'd like to use the _rowid capability of MySQL to improve the efficiency of a project,
but I have concerns about the reliability of the number it returns.  I understand that
_rowid "may change over time depending on many factors," but I'd like to know whether
this is true if the row is locked.  In particular, can I perform a select on a row
which returns a _rowid, modify the row data, and later do an UPDATE using the _rowid
as index, without worrying that the _rowid has changed?  Any help will be much
appreciated.

Guy L. Smith
Lead Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]