Hello....and ty for the fast answers, but....

Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2003 13:10 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Bernd
> If you are just interested in dumping the data in CSV (or whatever) format
> you can do it like so:
> SELECT *
> INTO OUTFILE 'arb_file.csv' FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' LINE TERMINATED BY
> '\n' FROM  arb_table
> WHERE arb_conditions

Well, my problem is i need to export from a script (currently bash-script in
Linux) so im looking for the options to give with "mysql -e".
What u wrote in ur mail, i found too. But how do i give the "FIELDS TERMINATED
BY" option in the command line of a script.

Example for import (working fine):
./mysqlimport --local --fields-terminated-by=';'
--columns=record_type,...[...] dbname /PATH/file --password=xxx

Now the export (not working)
./mysql FIELDS TEMINATED BY ';' --skip-column-names -e "select
ek_satzart,[...] from table" dbname > /PATH/file --password=xxxx

See, me wants to add options like "Fields terminated by" or other stuff to the
command-line-export and i cannot find an explanation of Synatx here. In ur
example u just export from within the db which is explained fine in the
dokumentation but not what i need....

Hope i made the problem more clear now.
Ty,
Bernd

--

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them.
One OS to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them