Hello,

I have spent the last few hours searching through the archives for help
with this question, and have also been reading the MySQL documentation, so
please excuse me if I am being monumentally blind and missing something
obvious.

I am trying to set up a MySQL installation like so:

               R/W DB                RO DB
Machine A:     fred                   hank
Machine B:     hank                   fred

So, Machine A will be Master for 'fred' and slave for 'hank' and Machine B
will be Master for 'hank' and slave for 'fred'

My theory is that in worst case scenario and one of the machines goes
belly up, it would be a relatively easy change to switch the readonly DB
on the other machine into RW mode.

I cant see a way in the config to enable this kind of setup.  Am I missing
something very obvious, or is it more complicated than I thought?

It is purely the setup config/theory I am looking for here, once that is
sorted ill work on the fail over mechanisms myself.

Any help/advice/assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jonathan Tullett