Hi,
I have a redhat 9 box.I had both mysql 4.0 and 4.1 installed on it and running
separately.Today one of user of 4.1 wanted to change the max connections
allowed to the server and so she logged into the 4.1 as root and changed the
tables in mysql database.after that she shutdown the database and tried to
restart.but 4.1 does not start.The mysqld gives the error unknow option
--log-bin # required for replication.I thought there is something wrong with
the my.cnf file and checked it but it is ok.As I did not understant the
problem I tried to reinstall 4.1.Whether I use rpm or tar.gz distribution I
get the following error

mysql_install_db : line 166:0:command not found.
Installing privilege tables
mysqld :ERROR :unknown option --log-bin # required for replication.

mysql_install_db : line 443 :9596 broken pipe ...

I have no problem shutting down and restarting mysql 4.0 all this time. How do
I install 4.1 on my machine again.

thanx
phani