Would innodb tables help?

Travis

Daniel Kasak wrote:

Travis Reeder wrote:

It seems mostly to be mysql pinned, not the app. like 99% mysql until all data is processed and keeps going up when data coming in is more than can be processed.

What could I change in my.cnf to get better performance? I just have a default mysql install (4.0).

Travis

Faster & more CPUs then.
If the CPU usage were hovering around, say, 75%, you could assume you have an I/O issue that you could solve by upgrading to SCSI.
But if the CPU is at 99% while MySQL is running a query, upgrading your CPU(s) is the only hardware upgrade path.

You should also check, of course, that MySQL has indexes in the right fields, and that you're queries are linking on numeric fields ( as opposed to character fields ).
Also, check that you have the query cache enabled. It _really_ speeds things up.

And maybe post back with some specs and table defs and queries and the output of:

describe <query sql text goes here>