Hi all,

I have followed the instruction from the mysql manual installing the binary
distribution. I am actually having problem starting mysqld. I have got the
following message. It started but stopped straight away.

root>bin/mysqld_safe &
[1] 30527
root>Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
031023 09:50:30  mysqld ended

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/usr/local/mysql>bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
[1] 30551
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/usr/local/mysql>Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/usr/local/mysql/data
031023 09:52:22  mysqld ended

I just can't start mysqld. Could anyone please tell me why? Or is there any
log I can have a look what reason the mysqld stopped right after I start it.

Cheers,
Clive