I am working on a Veritas backup solution where the data can exist on a
remote file system and the snapshot exist elsewhere. This could be used
in theory to attain your goal, with some additional code.

- Dathan Vance Pattishall
  - Sr. Programmer and mySQL DBA for FriendFinder Inc.
  - http://friendfinder.com/go/p40688