I've searched the archives and was unable to find anything that seemed pertinent.

Earlier today I had to stop and start mysql. When I issued mysqladmin shutdown, however, the process did not die cleanly (reason unknown), and I ended up having to kill -9 mysqld and mysqld_safe.

When the DB came back up, I now have the following in my log:

031024 11:06:04 mysqld started
031024 11:06:05 InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally.
InnoDB: Starting recovery from log files...
InnoDB: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
InnoDB: log sequence number 0 697473956
InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence number 0 697473956
031024 11:06:06 InnoDB: Flushing modified pages from the buffer pool...
031024 11:06:06 InnoDB: Started
031024 11:06:06 Found an entry in the 'db' table with empty database name; Skipped
031024 11:06:06 Found an entry in the 'db' table with empty database name; Skipped

031024 11:07:53 mysqld started
031024 11:07:54 InnoDB: Started
031024 11:07:54 Found an entry in the 'db' table with empty database name; Skipped
031024 11:07:54 Found an entry in the 'db' table with empty database name; Skipped

as you can see, on the second restart, I did not get warnings about having to recover the tables, but I still get the 'empty database name' errors. How can I determine what the cause of this error is an get it fixed?

Thanks in advance.