Hello!

I'm trying to write some kind of small accounting software and I got
stuck with the problem that doing a SUM() on values of a DECIMAL(7,2)
row did show problems with (relatively) small values (like 173.58). I
found a message explaining that mysql uses doubles internly to compute
the values and this would explain the behaviour.

Now my question is how should one go around the problem for now? I
decided to use UNSIGNED INT and do a division by 100 after retrieving
a value (or a multiplication by 100 before storing a value) in the
language of the application (php).
Is there another better way to do it?

Regards,

Jean-Pierre