* Lay Hoon Tan
> I've just installed MySQL on my PC but do not know which program to access
> in order to use it. Does anyone knows ?

MySQL is first and foremost a database server. To use any server software,
you must run it, and then access it using separate client programs.

The MySQL server process is called "mysqld". On windows it is often run as a
service, on *nix it is normally run as a daemon, often using a utility
called mysqld_safe or safe_mysqld.

For the client-side you can use a programming language of your choice:

... or you can use the standard client called "mysql", which will let you
enter DDL and SQL statements:

There are also some other usefull client-side tools in the standard
distribution:

Finally there is a lot of third-party clients and software, some of it can
be found here:

--
Roger