Hi all,
I have run into a date storage problem that i don't like. A am storing
historic house sales, and some of the old data i have received only contains
the month and year, but not the date of the sale. Of course we want to store
this information, but a DATE column won't quite do the job, because year,
month, and day are all required.

So, my homecooked solution is to use a DATE column, and another column as a
flag to denote whether the day-of-month is valid. Then i'll need to properly
craft my searches to understand this.

I know that this is a horrible break of normalization, etc. but i haven't come
up with a better solution.

Also note that this is for a data warehouse, and myself and 1 other programmer
are the only people who manipulate the data.

thanks in advance
sean peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]