Rob Wierenga wrote:

My PHP cann't connect anymore to the server.
The lib is not there i think. Because i get an error mysql_connect() doesnot exist.

PHP is linked to a certain build of the mysql client library.
If you exchanged the mysql server and all of the client stuff, you'll need to rebuild PHP, I suppose.

What to do ??

Reinstall the mysql client stuff that came with your linux distribution.
You can have several versions of the client libraries on your host.

You might still run into problems with the new password encoding in MySQL 4.1 if you try to access it with older clients.

Live is tough, I know ;)