Hi all,

I was reading the SAP DB chapter on mysql.com.
I did not find all the answers for my questions, and maybe one of you knows them.

So, I am in the designing phase of a robust enterprise database applications with a
lot of modules.
I am planning to use MySQL/InnoDB as a database server, but I really miss the stored
procedure feature. I tried to find a way of surmounting this problem with an
Apache/PHP server intalled next to the MySQL, so the functions of my "stored
procedures" would be performed by a php engine.
I know it has some problems, just like that the php scripts will run out of the
transaction context, so I must be very careful with this.

I know that MySQL 5 will support stored procedures, just like SAP DB supports them now.
Does anyone know how SAP DB (or MaxDB) will be integrated with MySQL? Will it be
supported just like InnoDB? So I would be able to access my SAP DB tables and SAP
stored procedures through the MySQL interface? Or this will be a completely separate
product?
To be frank, I don't really want to give up using MySQL interface, because I have a
really good and reliable way of accessing MySQL from my client applications.
On the other hand, as for me, InnoDB is a perfect thing. I love to use it. So if MySQL
5 will come out in the near future, I think I'm gonna use it with the MySQL 5 stored
procedure feature, if it will be reliable enough.
What is your opinion? Do you know when MySQL 5 will be announced?

Thanks,
        niel