Alexander Barkov wrote:

Héctor,

Changing various buffer sizes can improve performance significantly,
with key_buffer_size as the first thing to tune.

Also, make sure you are using not debugging version of the server.

Please also take a look in this section of the documentation
for details:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Optimising_the_Server.html

Hi guys!
Ok, just to report my findings (and MySQL achievements). I added this lines to
my.ini (in the Windows directory):

set-variable=key_buffer_size=128M
set-variable=read_rnd_buffer_size=16M
set-variable=join_buffer_size=16M
set-variable=sort_buffer_size=16M

and, after this changes, the winner is.... MySQL!
It is almost 10% faster than VFP! (and it is easier for me to use it within Python!)
Thank you all for your help, since this was my first time at this list!
Hector