Hello,

I have basic replication working between a master and slave.

I'm attempting to clarify what happens during a master failure, master
reintegration scenario using heartbeat- and mysql-3.23.52-27.

Clients connect to a movable IP managed by heartbeat.

M=master, S=slave

# my.cnf settings
M - log-bin, server_id=1
S - log-bin, server_id=2 and various replication settings (master-host=M,
etc.)

1.  M fails
Heartbeat moves the client IP to S
S writes to its binary log but still considers M the master
-- Are any commands required here to prevent S from replicating from M when
M returns?
slave stop?

2.  M reintegrates as slave
Client IP stays on S
M: change master to master_host="S"... etc.
M replicates from S

3. Slave fails
Heartbeat moves the Client IP to M
M writes to its binary log
slave stop?
reset master?

4. Slave reintegrates as slave based on my.cnf settings

Have I missed anything?  Do I have all my data?

If anyone can assist with this methodology, I'd be thankful.

- Dave