From: "Knepley, Jim"
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 4:48 PM
Subject: WHERE IN performance

Is it anyone elses experience that queries with large IN stanzas in a
WHERE clause don't scale very well?
It seems like it's beyond a linear performance hit when I have a large
number (thousands) of tokens in an IN clause, even when the matching
field is indexed.

Is this something that buffer tweaks can mitigate, or am I looking at a
more fundamental issue with how IN in implemented?