We are running MySQL 4.0.14 on  redhat 8.0.

The server and MySQL have been running fine for over 60 days.

Sometime yesterday afternoon the time reported in mysql  using

mysql> select now();

+---------------------+

| now()               |

+---------------------+

| 2003-10-31 20:22:36 |

+---------------------+

1 row in set (0.01 sec)

suddenly advanced by 12 hours [It is 8:22 AM here].

Timestamp fields were correct at 2:00 PM  and by 5:00 PM the shift
occurred.

When you create a file on the server, the file create date/time is
correct.

I know this may be a redhat issue, but we don't know where to look.

Does MySQL use some other system clock then the one redhat uses to set
file create time?

Does anyone have any thoughts.

The website running on the database collects orders and schedules the
orders for production. Obviously the date/time are critical.