Download http://cocoamysql.sourceforge.net/

It's really great.  Painless install.  I spent hours trying to get mysqlcc to install
and I was ending up playing the "one library short" game where it seems like if you
install just one more thing it will work, but then it never does.  cocoamysql
installed fast and easy.  It is still missing a few features but I guess they are
coming soon.

--ja