our database is about 20 Gb and growing daily. so far, I still see
nearly constant time query performance on tables with ~10M rows. I don't
think mysql is limited by file size per se.

Ari Davidow wrote:

> We're talking about storing binary files (images) inside a MySQL database
> to take advantage of the granularity and control we get over file access
> that way.
>
> But we already have 1.5GB, and that could lead to a very large database
> very quickly.
>
> What are people's experiences with large MySQL databases? What are the
> practical limits under Solaris 2.8?
>
> ari
>
> Ari Davidow
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.ivritype.com/
>
> --

Jeff Mathis, Ph.D.                      505-955-1434
The Prediction Company                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
525 Camino de los Marquez, Ste 6        http://www.predict.com
Santa Fe, NM 87505