[Second try, the first one rendered a few hints that didn't help]

I've set up a new MySQL server on a box with multiple IP addresses, and the
SQL server only binds to ONE of these addresses.

Also, I've been changing some user rights in the SQL setup, and now I get a
cronjob error, related to user rights...  My big problem is that I don't
even know where I should start looking for it.

The system and MySQL setup is in all other aspects the distributed versions
from the SuSE Linux Standard Server 8 distribution, based on United Linux
1.0.

The cronjob error mailed to me is the following:

SCRIPT: clean_catman, OK.
SCRIPT: clean_core, OK.
SCRIPT: do_mandb, OK.
SCRIPT: logrotate exited with RETURNCODE = 1.
SCRIPT: ouput (stdout && stderr) follows

 /usr/bin/mysqladmin: refresh failed; error: 'Access denied for user:
'@localhost' (Using password: NO)'
error running postrotate script
Reload syslog service..done
SCRIPT: logrotate
------- END OF OUTPUT

SCRIPT: slots, OK.
SCRIPT: ouput (stdout && stderr) follows

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
SCRIPT: slots
------- END OF OUTPUT

Can somebody please help me out here?  If the /usr/bin/mysqladmin tries to
use a user from localhost (any) then it fails, because "localhost" doesn't
have access to the SQL server...  What user should be granted access (and
from where) to make this job work correctly?

Anders Norrbring

Norrbring Consulting
Halmvägen 42
SE-691 48  Karlskoga