I could have sworn I posted this once before, but apparently it got lost somewhere.
Apologies if you're seeing this twice:

I'm wondering what I can do with MySQL to optimize reads (SELECTs) on a read-only
table where data will never be INSERTed or UPDATEd. Okay, that's not entirely
correct--the database will be rebuilt every night but it's small (~20,000 rows) and
all the writing will take place at once, when the DB is offline to users. In contrast
we anticipate read activity on the DB to be high, making it worth putting some thought
into this. So far my only thoughts have been a) myisampack and b) to index every
single column that our application searches on, since the calculations needed to build
said indices can be performed once and forgotten. (Disk space isn't really an issue
but myisampack is said to speed up individual row retrieval.)
Any other ideas? I've searched for a way to manually mark MySQL tables read-only, but
to no avail. Thanks,

Jonathan
jterhorst [EMAIL PROTECTED] appliedtns {D0T} com