On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 06:58:58PM -0500, karthikeyan wrote:
> how to rename a field name "IN" to something else..
> I could not use
>
> alter table tbl_name change IN NEW mediumtext;

I suppose this complains about a syntax error?

You can use any reserved word as fieldname (or tablename) by putting
backticks around it:

alter table tbl_name change `IN` NEW mediumtext;

> Pl. suggest how to rename particular "field name" for all the tables in
> a database

Repeat the alter table for each table. :/

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XB Networks B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                Televisieweg 2