HI!

I'm trying to use spatial extensions.

I need to transfer a table like this,

+--------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field  | Type    | Collation | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+--------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| x      | int(11) | binary    | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| y      | int(11) | binary    | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| RifTop | int(11) | binary    | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
+--------+---------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+

to a new one that use Spatial extention.
Fields x and y must be replaced with class Point(x y).

I can to that by this command:

mysql> INSERT INTO point_table VALUES (PointFromText('POINT(1 1)'));

But I can't insert all my points by hand, I need to use an automatic istruction!

I've tried with:

mysql> LOAD DATA INFILE "data.txt" INTO TABLE point_table;

but final result is always a table full of NULL.

I've also tried to write my "data.txt" in different manners, but I didn't find a right
one.

Someone can help me?

Thanks a lot.

Lorenzo