That second query, byt itself, should have done it, were you logged in as
testuser when you tried to run it?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 5:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: GRANT TO SELECTED COLUMNS

Hello List,
I have a table named CHECK_SBIN with fields id,jobid,filename,sbin,count,
then I would like to create an account lets say testuser with SELECT
privileges only to a specific columns. In this case I would like to open
only id and jobid to 'testuser'.
I have already created an account to testuser in two ways using the
commands below.
1. Provide SELECT privileges first on the CHECK_SBIN table
     -  GRANT SELECT ON DATABASE.CHECK_SBIN TO testuser IDENTIFIED BY
'password'   >> OK
    Then issue another GRANT statement for the specific columns
     - GRANT SELECT (id, jobid) ON DATABASE.CHECK_SBIN TO testuser   >> OK

Comments:
    I was able to access mysql using the account and seeing only
CHECK_SBIN but when I do 'SELECT * FROM CHECK_SBIN' it shows
    me all the columns in the table.

2.  Use only the second SQL
     - GRANT SELECT (id, jobid) ON DATABASE.CHECK_SBIN TO testuser   >> OK

 Comments:
    An error occured 'Access denied for  testuser'.

Note: The grant tables are all checked correctly.

System:
MySQL 4.0.13
Solaris 8

I checked the manual and mailing list archive and was not successful in
finding any related matter to my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Richard