Hi there

I have a question regarding replication.
This is the situation:

Mysql-Max4.0.16

192.168.0.10 master
192.168.0.11 slave

I would like to use the slave as the backup server
and use it in case the master goes down for any reason.

I'm looking for a safe method to re-update the master when we take it up
again.
I read that 2-ways replication is dangerous so for peace of mind I would
avoid it.

I was considering a simple dump of the database on slave,
when I have to reconnect the master server.

I would:

1. disconnect the slave
2. create a dump file form salve
3. put the dump on the master
4. reconnect the master and slave

Questions are..

a. I use innodb tables. Any problems to nofify?
b. Are auto_increment values correct/safe after such operations. I guess so
but I'm not 100% sure
c. Do you have comments and suggestions regarding 2-ways replications

Any suggestion / comment is welcome ;)

Thanks!!