Hi all:

Need some clarification on this because the books and
articles don't make it clear.

Let's say I have a program in php or whatever language
that contains the username and password for access to
mysql and the program executes once anyone visits the
site.

Can multiple visitors to my site make connections and
access the database through that username and password
which is in the program code.  Is that what
max_user_connections is about, connecting using the
same username and password?

Secondly for the purpose of SAFE public viewing could
I have in my settings blanks for username and
password,etc.

user name: ''
password: ''
hostname: localhost

and then invoke a GRANT SELECT option? Would that be
safe?

Thanks for your patience.