From: Scott Yamahata [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> At the command prompt, I'm supposed to type:
>
> mysql -h host -u user -p
>
> Does that mean that I type, for example:
>
> mysql -h localhost -u admin -p
>
> with localhost=host and admin=user?
>
> When I'm asked for the password, I hit return and it lets me in.
>
> But if I try to create a database, by using:
>
> GRANT ALL ON store.* TO  [EMAIL PROTECTED];
>
> I get an ERROR 1044:  Access denied for user:  '@localhost'
> to database
> 'store'
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Unless you've previously granted GRANT permissions to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (as the MySQL
root user), then this will, and should, fail.

In addition, though I'm not entirely certain, I think you need to delimit [EMAIL
PROTECTED] as two different strings -- GRANT ALL ON store.* TO 'admin'@'localhost'

If you need help giving GRANT permissions to [EMAIL PROTECTED], let us know or check
out:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/GRANT.html

--
Mike Johnson