From: Hanon Sinay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday Nov 14, 2003  12:24:44 PM America/Los_Angeles
Subject: Unable to open and run "mysqladmin" Mac Os X

File Edit Options Buffers Tools Help
SEND-PR: -*- send-pr -*-
SEND-PR: Lines starting with `SEND-PR' will be removed automatically, as
SEND-PR: will all comments (text enclosed in `<' and `>').
SEND-PR:
From: Hanon Sinay
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am trying to use "mysqlbug script" in a conforming way as requested. I may not have it right. Sorry! (I am obviuosly a new user. I am trying.)

Unable to open and run "mysqladmin" from the terminal window shell command line, Mac Os X 10.2.8.
I get no error messages.
I simply get the next line prompt for a new shell command.

I believe the file is not present. The manual and installation documentation all refer to the presence of "mysqladmin".
Is "mysqladmin" supposed to be present in the Mac Os X package?
Am I looking for a fie that is not supposed to be present in the package?

I am not running Mac Os X Server.

I use:
Mac osX v 10.2.8 (jaguar) on Mac G-4, with 940 mb ram
mysql version 4.0.15, installed from download package "mysql-standard-4.0.15.dmg"
mysql startup installed from download package "MySQLStartupItem.pkg"
Installation was "successful" with no apparent problems (installation this past week).

mysqld process is running automatically on startup.
I am able to open and access "mysqldump" in the terminal window from shell.
I am able to open and access "mysqlshow" in the terminal window from shell.
I am able to open and access "mysqlbinlog" in the terminal window from shell.
I am able to open and access "mysqlmanager" in the terminal window from shell.
I am able to open and access "mysql" in the terminal window from shell.

I find three "mysqladmin" files with zero bytes of content located at:
1) /root/    (This is my root user home)
2) /usr/local/mysql/bin/
3) /usr/local/mysql/

I find one "mysqladmin.1" file with 8k bytes of content located at:
/usr/local/mysql/man/man1/
(If "mysqladmin.1" is the intended file instead of "mysqladmin" it will not open or run either)

I have identified three files with the basic name "mysqlmanager". Is "mysqlmanager" intended to replace "mysqladmin" for the mac os X package download?

I want to implement a stable and secure mysql data base on my local mac (production environment). The data base will later be deployed in an open internet environment.

I appreciate your reply.  Thank you.
Hanon Sinay

>How-To-Repeat:
<code/input/activities to reproduce the problem (multiple lines)>
>Fix:
<how to correct or work around the problem, if known (multiple lines)>

>Submitter-Id: <submitter ID>
>Originator: System Administrator
>MySQL support: [none | licence | email support | extended email support ]
>Synopsis: <synopsis of the problem (one line)>
----:**-F1 mysqlbug (Fundamental)--L1--Top----------------------------
Auto-saving...done