Mario Miyojim wrote:
I am trying to revive an existing LAMP system.
I recently installed RedHat9. I had several LAMP
applications
working under RedHat 7.1, but now they don't function properly. For instance, I have many scripts that use
the
<FORM ACTION="<?php print($PHP_SELF) >" METHOD="post">
construct, but they are not working as they should.
I tried to get help from the PHP home site, but
www.php.net
has been unreacheable to me for several days.
I am considering a desperate attempt to go back to
RedHat 7.1
because that configuration supported my PHP scripts,
but now I can't
even read the updated PHP manual.
Please, if anyone knows how to circumvent this
problem, help me!
Thanks

Chances are, register_globals was on with your old installation, and now it is off by default in php. Either turn it on in the php.ini (not-recommended), and restart your webserver, or rewrite your code to work with globals off (recommended). Things like $PHP_SELF would now be, $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].

Look here....

http://us3.php.net/register_globals

Also, you'll get more help with an item such as this from a php mailing list.

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush