Hi

I'm working with mysql 4.0.15 for some software of ours and we are experiencing a
random table crash.

we have 30 MyISAM tables in our database and we're using JDBC to connect to them.

Sometimes, very rarely, one of the tables crashes. It has nothing special compared to
the other tables (int, varchars, datetimes and a blob), and it's one of the least
accessed. We checked all the requests, they all work separately. I may add that 6
processes are accessing the base at the same time but only one of them is accessing
the table that crashes, and there are always at least 5 seconds between each request
on this table. for the whole base, there are 1 to 5 requests per second.

It seems it's a very random bug. Never crashed buring the development, twice during
the tests, then not during some time, then once during some tests at the custommers',
and until now, never during the production phase, whereas there are far more requests
than during the tests...

I know how to repair the tables, but our software being realtime, it's a bit annoying
to have to stop everything, repair and restart. Even dropping and creating the table
again can lead to a further crash.

Well so here is my question : i'm wondering whether the crashes could come from our
version of the ConnectorJ : mysql-connector-java-2.0.14-bin.jar ??

nota bene : we couldn't use the 3.0.8 version at the moment we began coding because it
had an annoying java access-rights bug (that seems corrected on the 3.0.9).

Another possibility is some issue with using some toad-like mysql manager at the same
time as the 6 processes...could be.

If any of you has experienced a compatibility issue related to mysql 4 and connector
2, please be so kind as telling me.

Thanks

Fabien