>What command do I use to change the field type in my client_info >table
>from:
>
>referral_percent | tinyint(4) | YES | NULL

>referral_percent | double(3,2) unsigned zerofill | YES | NULL

alter table <tablename> modify <columnname> double(3,2) unsigned
zerofill, etc.

The MySQL docs are not always that easy to wade through but they do have
information and examples for such things.  There are a couple of good
sites you can visit on the web for basic SQL instruction:
http://sqlzoo.net
http://sqlcourse.com
http://www.w3schools.com/sql/
http://www.firstsql.com/tutor.htm