Hi all ,

  I want to design a table, say
T_PRODUCT { PRD_ID, NAME, DESCRIPTION, PRICE }
where I want NAME and DESCRIPTION to have multi language inputed.

I searched before where found two solutions :

1)
T_PRODUCT {PRD_ID, PRD_DETAIL_ID, PRICE}
T_PRODUCT_DETAIL { PRD_DEATIL_ID, LANG, NAME, DESCRIPTION }
2)
T_PRODUCT {PRD_ID, NAME_LANG_ID, DESCRIPTION_LANG_ID, PRICE}
T_LANG { LANG_ID, LANG, CONTENT }

But 1) seems to be a very trivial process where I have to have one additional table for each table for language. But I am afraid 2 will have too much join if multi-lingual attributes increase.
Is there a better design ? Please advise

Thanks.

Perseus