At 10:18 -0200 11/21/03, Fernando Gomes Bernardino wrote:
> At 10:00 -0200 11/19/03, Fernando Gomes Bernardino wrote:
 >Hi eveybody,
 >
 >The mysql_fix_privilege tables can be undone? I have already
 >re-install mysql server and nothing....

Why do you want to undo it?

 You can undo it by restoring the grant tables from your most recent
 backup.  But without knowing why you'd want to or what problems you're
 encountering, it's difficult to say whether or not that's something
 you should consider.

Hi Paul! The problem is that some aplications couldn't connect to mysql, the
returned message is:
"Consider upgrade your MySQL Client". Thanks a lot.

I would guess then that you have upgraded to 4.1. The problem you are seeing is a result of changes to the authentication mechanism for passwords in 4.1. There is information about this in the MySQL Reference Manual:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Upgrading-from-4.0.html
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Upgrading-grant-tables.html
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Password_hashing.html

--