Currently LOAD DATA FROM MASTER "is subject to the following conditions:
    * It works only with MyISAM tables.
    * It acquires a global read lock on the master while taking the snapshot,
which prevents updates on the master during the load operation. "

What I would do is take a snapshot from the already running slave instead.
If the machine is fast and you only have say 5 gigs of data, it shouldn't take
more than 5-10 minutes to copy it.

Mike