At 11:36 -0700 11/21/03, Matt Sturtz wrote:
Hello,

We run a master-slave configuration and are considering migrating a few
tables to InnoDB to get transaction capability...

Question is, can we keep the tables as MyISAM on the slaves to maintain
the high-speed accesses?  I suppose this would require the SQL not being
written to the bin-log until it's committed, and we would need to convert
the tables on the master without the slaves knowing about it...

Anybody doing anything like this? Or am I simply barking up the wrong tree?

Yes, this is a common strategy, actually.

Transactions are not written to the binary log on the master until they
are committed, so that's already taken care of. (Rolled back transactions
never appear in the binary log.)

-Matt-

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer