Hi all,

I've just been contacted by a potential client that wants me to build a
product for them of the following type:

1. Client workstations will have an applications that takes some data
and sends it to a server we administer.
2. The server we take care of will hold on to the data and give it out
when the intended recipient asks for it.

A database backend will be required. I'm considering a few different
database engines, and was looking for some clarification - will a
commercial licence be needed for MySQL Server in this case? We won't be
distributing the server software to anyone and it will only be running
on one box. Would the situation change if we added another box running
MySQL for replication?

The server application will not be under an OSI approved licence (I've
tried, but failed to convince the client otherwise). I take it that I'd
be very safe in saying that using the embedded version of MySQL would
definitely require a licence.

Thanks heaps,

Regards,

Chris