alright guys,

here is the mistake i was making - sorry i'm a total
fresher...
i need to be in the same directory where the
test-dump-Sat.sql file is located. so i simply copied
the dump file to the root from where i was executing
my commands and it was working.
However now i need it to be restored in a proper
database folder (reporter) and not in the test
database...
but when i try to run :
% mysql -u root reporter < reporter-dump-Sat.sql

it says :
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to
database 'reporter'.

Can someone guide how to go abt creating the user with
the necessary rights...