We are using Mysql with one master and several slaves.

In some INSERT and UPDATE queries we use Mysql functions like CURDATE() and
RAND() .

The problem that now occurs is that if a slave is reading the queries from
the binary log, the resulting data is different from that on the master,
because of delays. Apparently the literal queries including the function
calls in the queries are recorded in the binary log.

I expected the master writing the results from the functions into the binary
log instead of the function calls themselves. In the manual of MySQL I did
not find any hints about this issue.

One solution is to first get the results from the mysql-function with a SELECT query,
and then INSERT the results from the functions. But I would vote for a change in the
writing method into the binary log.

Can somebody comment on this?

Arnoud Witt