[snip]
I want to do a LEFT JOIN that takes no condition.

For example I have the following tables:

table_1                                table_2
---------------                          -----------------
1                                            A
2                                            B
3                                            C
4                                            D
5                                            E

And I want my result to be:

table_result
-----------------------
1        A
2        B
3        C
4        D
5        E
[/snip]

Try ...

SELECT a.field_1, b.field_2
FROM table_1 a LEFT OUTER JOIN table_2 b
WHERE b.field_2 IS NOT NULL

You are returning a Cartesian product (http://www.mysql.com/join) in
which every row in the first table will be joined onto all rows in the
second table. The LEFT OUTER JOIN in my example may not save you here as
there is no ON condition (it may throw an error even)