Hello group,

I have a table that I create with

CREATE TABLE SuperTest (
        ID int(11) NOT NULL  AUTO_INCREMENT,
        Name varchar(64) NOT NULL,
        Domain varchar(64) NOT NULL,
        PRIMARY KEY(ID)
);

I use that same thing to create a the same table on two servers.

On one server (mysql  Ver 11.16 Distrib 3.23.49, for portbld-freebsd4.6 (i386))
If I add, say five records I get ID to be 1,2,3,4,5.
Then I delete ID 5 and insert a new record and it's id is 6. So now I have 1,2,3,4,6.
That's what I want it to do.
However on the other server (mysql version ???) if I have 1,2,3,4,5, delete ID 5
and insert a new one it makes the new one ID 5. I suppose because it's the next number.

I'm not really even sure what to call it besides 'non reusable auto_increment'.

I can't seem to find anything on mysql.com about what settings, version, etc cause it
to work either way.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as in some situations I really need it to be
one way or the other consistently across servers.

TIA

DMuey