Greetings Mysqlians,

            Please comment on the validity of my logic:

In setting the RAID(10/2disks) strip size everything I read says you must
benchmark your particular system.  Since that is not an option, my current
logic is to have a large strip size (1024) with the reasoning that fewer
writes/reads (yet longer writes) will be better in a database which has a
large amount of disk access.  The disk cache size is 1GB on our disk device
but that is not quite enough to hold all the tables which get
accessed(written to and read from) frequently.  I figure setting a large
stripe size is a conservative approach allowing for better scalability.

Many Thanks,

Trevor