I see there is an exact situation described above regarding
'read-only tables' that was not answered as yet.  I have done the dev.
work on win32 and now trying to get tables with data up to the Redhat
7.3  server.  There are various problems.  In some tables, doing
'repair' shows a number of users did not close properly, or that
deleting tables & db's is not allowed, or that writing is not allowed.
Not to mention that at times these problems seem to clear up by
themselves...  ??

This all just started showing up on the uploaded stuff but I've never
had anything similar come up during development...

It seems to relate to the lock unlock functions, at least in part, but
I'm not sure.  Continuing to read the man but..., since this is a
support list, can someone who might know please advise on what is
going wrong or how to avoid the symptoms I've described.   It would
help a lot.

Thanks.

Floyd