Hi All!

    I have a problem deleting from a table and using another as reference. I
use a query like:

         DELETE tableA
           FROM tableB
          WHERE tableA.idB = tableB.id
                AND tableA.data1=<VALUE>
                AND tableB.data2=<VALUE>

    (I'm using MySQL 4.0.12 on Red Hat 8 - Note: <VALUE> are integer values)
    What I want to do is delete some rows from tableA (which is a detail
table for tableB) meeting some criteria (tableA.data1=VALUE) and with some
value also in tableB.

    From the documentation, this is a correct DELETE statement, however, I
get the following error:

        "Not unique table/alias: 'tableA'"

    As I understand, this error says that I cannot delete from tableA if I
use it in the WHERE clause. But I need to list it in the where clause so
that I can do the master/detail relationship. How can I do that?

    Please note that I use MySQL 4.0.12, so I cannot use the DELETE ...
USING ... syntax which were added in 4.0.2

    Cheers,
    Jose Miguel.