Hi Guys,
I have a problem with
"Error 2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

I'm using mysql 3.23.41 under Linux Mandrake, and mysql 4.0.15 under Win XP Pro.
They turn out to have the same error.

My problem is:
I have a Java program which is actually a thread to send emails, so it keeps running
all the time.
When it's time to send emails, it will access MySQL database.
Based on my wait_timeout in mysql, I think the connection closes after 8 hrs.
If it's the time to send emails, and mysql has already closed the connection, the
first connection attemp will throw an error
"Error 2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

* Is there a way that I can avoid this error? Or to make the connection keeps open all
the the time?

Any help / suggestions will be very much appreciated :)

Thank you in advance.

Rgds,
Vanessa