Hallo Lenz,

> From: Lenz Grimmer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > Any chance to offer binaries for PowerPC Linux as well ? (Preferable
> > tgz)
>
> Yes, we plan to offer Linux/PPC binaries in the near future - we're
> currently working on purchasing a system for that.

If you have some harddisk space left,
then you can install Linux on one of your MACs.

> I have not decided which Linux Distribution to use,
> though - maybe Yellowdog?

My recommendation would be, as always, Debian. :-)
But thats a metter of taste.

You can install nearly every distro on PPC.
Good examples are: YellowDog, Mandrake, Red Hat, Suse, Gentoo, Debian

> Unfortunately my favourite Linux distribution (SuSE)
> does not support the PPC platform anymore :(

SUSE has very good PPC support.
IBM even recommands SUSE and RedHat together with their big POWER-machines.
For PPC you need to use the SUSE Server version.

I have tried Yellow Dog on one of my MACs.
= the install was a piece of cake.

On my Pegasos ( www.pegasosppc.com ) I'm very happy with Debian.
The Pegasos is a really nice, geeky machine.
With a Pegasos you could release binaries for MorphOS as well. :-)

Kind regards

Gunnar