From: "Lost Idols" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 4:06 PM
Subject: What is code and what's not?

I found a script on this help page, that should be used when
giving the root user a password, but I really don't understand
what of this is words and what is just an example.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root password <password>
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h `hostname` password <password>

Where in this script am I supposed to write my password and where is the
word supposed
to acctually be written as the word password?
And what about hostname? Is that a command or should I write the host name
of my computer?
Since I'm a newbie it's hard to understand.
Can someone please mark this for me?

Is this the right way?

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root password <xyxyxyxy>
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h `this_is_me` password <xyxyxyxy>

Weird question maybe... but I guess I'm not the only one here.
It would've been easier with underscored or different colours here... I
guess ;-)