Hi, I tried this and it seems to work:
SELECT SUBSTRING_INDEX(INET_NTOA(ip), '.',3) AS addr, COUNT(*) AS addrsum FROM
ips GROUP BY addr;

Perhaps you don't have your IP adresses stored as integers but instead as
text. Then the following query is for you!

Your query:
SELECT ip, COUNT(*) from tbl_MasterIp group by ip;

Would then be something like this:
SELECT SUBSTRING_INDEX(ip, '.', 3) AS ip, COUNT(*) AS addrsum FROM
tbl_MasterIp Group By ip;

Good luck,
Mike